Metadata will help populate your links correctly with information that is relevant to the website. If a user shares your site in a text or a social media post, metadata populates the content shown to hit send or post. Metadata is also used by search engines to organize your site within search results.
Metadata is accessible from the Admin Portal by clicking Settings on the left-side navigation, then metadata. To edit the metadata, select the box as shown with the red square below.
Then select Metadata.
When you arrive at the metadata section in Settings, you can add/edit information to improve your SEO and make your site more searchable. Here are the items you will need to complete Metadata:
- SITE TITLE- This title will show up when you share your site on social media or in a text message.
- SITE DESCRIPTION- This description will show up on social media or in a text message. Be sure to keep it short.
- SITE URL
- SITE LANGUAGE
- AUTHOR NAME
- AUTHOR EMAIL ADDRESS
- FACEBOOK URL (OPTIONAL)
- AUTHOR TWITTER HANDLE (OPTIONAL)
- COPYRIGHT CREDIT
- FOOTER PAID FOR CREDIT (OPTIONAL)
- FOOTER SHORT DESCRIPTION (OPTIONAL)
- SOCIAL SHARE IMAGE- This image will show up in social shares. The optional size is 1200 x 630 pixels
- TWITTER CARD IMAGE
- SHOW PAID FOR CREDIT